Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Let Not Your Heart Be Troubled...

On January 28, 1986 the Space Challenger exploded. I remember watching it unfold right in front of our eyes as we watched the ship take off on our telelvsions. It was a spectacular sight watching the launch, but then something went horribly wrong, and we were all devasted. We were in tears, crying for the loss of life, for the family's lost. It was incredibly sad.

Just a few short months later...

April 26, 1986 Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant exploded. Once again, our world was devasted. I remember how scared I was. I couldn't even imagine something like that happening and yet it had. I had three young children and another on the way, we were living in Arizona at the time.

I remember one night as we were listening to the news about Chernobyl, rubbing my pregnant belly and thinking how can I possibly bring another child into this crazy, messed up world where bad things happen?

A lot of incredibly hard and awful things continue to happen in our world. I won't go into all that well because we see it all on the news, on the internet and on social media. But I remember at the time looking at my precious children and anticipating the birth of a new baby, and knowing that no matter what everything was going to be okay. How did I know it, believe it, because I had faith that depiste my very deep fear the Lord was looking out for me, for my family, and that I just needed to trust that.

The world is a scary place, but I also know that as much as I suffer from anxiety I can't live my life in fear. Fear will consume you, steal away precious moments, and ultimately leave you in a heap in your bed with your covers drawn. How do I know that, I've lived it, I've don't that very thing.

So when I say, have a little faith and just step out the door and enjoy your life, I know what I'm talking about.


"Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart betroubled, neither let it be afraid."
John 14:27




No comments:

Post a Comment